When significant or widespread interest is shown in solving transportation-related problems, research, planning, and technology transfer activities may be jointly funded by several federal, state, regional, and local transportation agencies, academic institutions, foundations, or private firms as a pooled fund study. The Transportation Pooled Fund (TPF) Program allows federal, state, and local agencies and other organizations to combine resources to support transportation research studies.
This web site enables users to learn more about proposed and existing studies that will improve the safety, mobility, and cost-effectiveness of transportation. The web site provides:
- Program news and updates
- A central place to solicit partners for new studies.
- A central place for committing funds.
- A centralized database for storing records of solicitations, commitments, and studies.
- A place to report progress of ongoing studies.
- Interactive features such as automatic notifications on new solicitations, updates on study activities, and reminders to obligate funds.
We are currently recruiting a new Transportation Pooled Fund Program Manager. In the interim, please direct program questions to:
- Jack Jernigan, Team Director, Research and Technology Program Development and Partnership Team, firstname.lastname@example.org; voice: 202-493-3363